[slf4j-announce] Release of SLF4J 1.0beta8 and NLOG4J 1.2.18

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Wed Oct 19 15:57:56 CEST 2005

Added a new SLF4J binding, slf4j-log4j.jar, intended to be used in
conjunction with vanilla log4j.jar, as distributed by the Apache
Logging Services project. The slf4j-log4j binding is quite similar in
structure to the JDK 1.4 binding that existed previously.

The slf4j-log4j binding addresses compatibility problems which arose
when copies of both log4j.jar and nlog4j.jar lay on the class path, in
particular when it was undesirable or impossible to remove the
preexisting log4j.jar file.

Methods in the org.slf4j.Logger interface related to markers were
moved to a separate super interface called
org.slf4j.MarkingLogger. This refactoring reduces the weight of the
Logger interface.

You can download SLF4J, including full source code, class files and
documentation on our download page, shown below.

    http://www.slf4j.org/download.html

You can download NLOG4J, including full source code, class files and
documentation on our download page, shown below.

    http://www.slf4j.org/nlog4j/download.html

You can receive SLF4J and NLOG4J related announcements by subscribing
to the SLF4J announce mailing list. To subscribe to SLF4J-announce
list, please visit the following URL.