[qos.ch-announce] Release of SLF4J version 1.6.1

QOS.ch annoucements announce at qos.ch
Mon Jul 5 22:34:55 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I am happy to announce the immediate availability of SLF4J version
1.6.1 consisting bug fixes and dependency updates.

The Simple Logging Facade for Java or (SLF4J) serves as a simple
facade or abstraction for various logging frameworks,
e.g. java.util.logging, log4j and logback, allowing the end user to
plug in the desired logging framework at deployment time.

In the 1.6.x series, in the absence of an SLF4J binding, slf4j-api
will default to a no-operation implementation discarding all log
requests. Thus, instead of throwing an exception, SLF4J will emit a
single warning message about the absence of a binding and proceed to
discard all log requests without further protest. In other words,
libraries no longer need to bundle an slf4j binding along with
slf4j-api.jar in order to function out-of-the-box.

Please refer to the the news page for precise details.

    http://www.slf4j.org/news.html

You can download SLF4J, including full source code, class files and
documentation on our download page, shown below.

     http://www.slf4j.org/download.html

You can receive SLF4J related announcements by subscribing to the
SLF4J announce mailing list. To subscribe to QOS.ch announce list,
please visit the following URL.

Logback: The reliable, fast and flexible logging framework for Java.