[qos.ch-announce] Release of logback version 1.3.0-beta0

QOS.ch annoucements announce at qos.ch
Tue Aug 9 12:08:13 CEST 2022

Hello all,

I am happy to announce the release of logback version 1.3.0-beta0. It
requires slf4j-api version 2.0.0-beta1 or later.

Although marked as beta, it should be considered a stable version.
Logback 1.3.0-GA should be released later this month.

The 1.3.x series the fluent-API introduced in SLF4J 2.0.x. It also
supports Jigsaw/Java9 modularization.

Joran, logback's configuration system, has been rewritten to use an
internal representation model which can be processed separately. Given
the breadth of the changes, support for SiftingAppender was dropped
temporarily and reintroduced in logback version 1.3.0-alpha16. Support
for Groovy configuration was dropped for security reasons but was
recovered by Tucker Pelletier (virtualdogbert). See:

  https://github.com/virtualdogbert/logback-groovy-config

Note that new features were introduced this version. Future releases
will gradually introduce new features made possible by Joran
representation model.

For benchmarking figures please see:

  http://logback.qos.ch/performance.html

The 1.3.x series requires Java 8 at runtime. If you wish to build
logback from source, you will need Java 9. Reproducible builds require
Java 18.

Recent logback releases are reproducible. This means that anyone
checking out the code corresponding to the release version from github
and building that local copy, will get obtain an identical binary to the
binary found on Maven central.  Note that due to issue MJAR-275 with the
module-info.java produced in earlier java versions, reproducible builds
require Java 18.

Donations and sponsorship

You can also support SLF4J/logback/reload4j projects via donations and
sponsorship. We thank our current supporters and sponsors for their
continued contributions.

Sponsorship link:  https://github.com/sponsors/qos-ch?o=esb

Announcement mailing list:

You can receive SLF4J/logback/reload4j related announcements by
subscribing QOS.ch announce list, please visit the following URL.

Enjoy,

Sponsoring SLF4J/logback/reload4j at https://github.com/sponsors/qos-ch