[logback-dev] Eclipse plugin

Vicente Ferrer vteferrer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:27:39 CEST 2007

Hello,

My problem occurs when I put an own object (like a instance of a bean named
'Car' created for me) in a logback log line. A code like this:

private Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(
TestingLogback.class.getSimpleName());

Car car = new Car("Mercedes");
Integer aNumber = new Integer(2);

log.debug("A correct log line: {}", aNumber);
log.debug("A failed log line: {}", car);
log.debug("This line is unreachable for the logback plugin");

The logback plugin just shows:

----
A correct log line: 2
----

And the plugin doesn't show the rest lines of the class on the logback
plugin. The "Error Log" plugin on Eclipse shows this error: "There was an
error trying to deserialize LoggingEvent: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
foo.bar.Car". But the console appender shows correctly all the log lines
(the console is showing the output of the J2EE Server, and in its classpath,
logback doesn't have any problem to reach the Car class)

Thanks in advance