[logback-dev] Lumberjack infos - was: Re: Logback Chainsaw Bridge

Maarten Bosteels maarten at apache.org
Fri Sep 28 10:03:54 CEST 2007

Hello Joern,

I agree with Jozsef: a bounded blocking queue could be an interesting option.

For me, it would also be acceptable that events are dropped when
the queue fills up: we will always have the log-files as a backup.

see  http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#1.2
(I know, it's about log4j not LogBack)

What I want can probably be done with the AsyncAppender
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/AsyncAppender.html

Ceki, any plans on adding a AsyncAppender to LogBack ?

I have also thought about gzipping the events, with MINA this would be very easy
http://mina.apache.org/report/1.1/apidocs/org/apache/mina/filter/CompressionFilter.html

Maarten