[logback-dev] Reverted logback license back to LGPL

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Sat Aug 9 21:42:33 CEST 2008

Hi Joern,

The licensing questions are extremely complex. It's one area I would
not want to get too creative. Most of the major project which use LGPL
use v2.1, e.g. Hibernate. Moreover, if someone is more comfortable with
LGPL v3, they can just use it, as the logback license reads:

<quote>
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published
by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
</quote>

So, there is no uncertainty, or considering the OSS licensing
mess, there is nothing but uncertainty as soon as you look into the
subject carefully.

IANAL,