[logback-dev] Logback 0.9.12 ?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Dec 3 23:34:38 CET 2008

I just read this in the Lilith FAQ:

Why is Lilith still only supporting Logback 0.9.9?

Logback 0.9.10 introduced new version information in the
StackTraceElement string representation. This breaks my current
implementation of parsing. Since I parse the STEs both during
receiving of original Logback events and during creation of Lilith
events in the multiplex appender, the parsing means a significant
performance impact. Previously, I circumvented this by using a hack
and accessing the STEs directly but this would noe have the downside
that I wouldn't be able to retrieve the formerly mentioned version
information.<br/> Because of that, I suggested a change to the Logback
codebase that would make my life quite a bit easier while it wouldn't
have a negative impact on the rest. It could even increase the general
logging speed a bit. I hope that Ceki will be able to implement it in
time for Logback 0.9.12.<br/> Feel free to take a look at <a
href="http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LBCLASSIC-46">LBCLASSIC-46</a> if you
like more specific informations.