[logback-dev] [JIRA] Commented: (LBCORE-24) LoggerContextFilter is useless (org.slf4j.Loggerfactory bug ++)

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Fri Jun 6 23:49:24 CEST 2008

Paul,

I have very briefly looked at your code. Here are some hopefully relevant comments.

First, why aren't you using JNDIContextSelector?

Second, you indicate that you have created your own ContextSelector, but have
you registered it with a logback's implementation of StaticLoggerBinder?

You would do that by setting the system property "logback.ContextSelector" to
"org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector".

OK, I see that your docs actually refer to "logback.ContextSelector" system
property. Is an instnace of org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector being
instantiated at all?

Looking at the dynamicalContextSelector method in logback's implementation of
StaticLoggerBinder, the

  cons.newInstance(defaultLoggerContext) call does not look right. It should
probably be
  cons.newInstance(new Object[] {defaultLoggerContext})

Is it possible for you to compile logback and check whether my suspicion is correct?

I don't have the possibility to check this right now. My apologies.

HTH,