[logback-dev] AS/400 specific logback project.

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thunderaxiom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:39:25 CET 2008

Hi Ceki.

After careful consideration I'd like to migrate the log4j routines I
have written which caters to the AS/400[1] world into logback, hopefully
benefitting the small but thriving "java on AS/400"-community[2] by
providing better integration with qsysopr messages, spool files, qprint
output and much more that I have only seen on this platform.

As this introduces a new software dependency, namely on the jt400
sourceforge project, and on actual hardware to run the tests against
which is rather impossible for mere mortals, I would suggest that this
should go in a new logback subproject incubator instead of being merged
in any of the current logback projects.

What do you think?

[1] IBM marketing has renamed the platform regularily, currently it is
named "IBM i".
[2] http://archive.midrange.com/java400-l/

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"