[logback-dev] Git as a version control system?

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Fri Aug 7 16:22:39 CEST 2009

Ceki Gulcu skrev:
>> If you want to encourage more collaboration and contributions, I
>> believe this is not primarily a technical issue, but more a question
>> of community building.  This has proven to be very hard.  Linus and
>> Apache have done so.  Sun have failed for most of their open source
>> products.    For logback it appears that there are around 10 active
>> individuals on the developer list.
>
> Maybe not 10. I believe that any number of participants equal to or
> higher than 2 is already a good beginning.

Well, as far as I know you have Robert and Jörn who is actively
submitting code patches.  So you have your good beginning :)

Regarding how to encourage newcomers to submit code, I do not have any
immediate suggestions.  Others?  Jörn, have you received submissions for
Lilith?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"