[logback-dev] Git as a version control system?

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Fri Aug 7 16:32:20 CEST 2009

I've glanced at git but never used it. I've read that it is more
complicated than SVN because it works very differently. I have enough
interest in logback that I'd probably do what it takes to get access
to the source but I imagine there are others who wouldn't if setting
it up is more difficult than just installing a bit of software.

I'm not 100% sure what the real benefit would be. Ultimately the code
needs to be committed back to logback. How would using git make it
easier? Would we be able to commit somewhere that would allow you to
commit stuff to the "real" repository?

Ralph