[logback-dev] Official "Holler!" concerning my topic on stackoverflow.com

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:40:26 CEST 2009

On 08.06.2009, at 20:47, Ceki Gulcu wrote:

> Hi Joern,
>
> To set the level of a logger:
>
>  import ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger;
>
>  LoggerContext loggerContext = (LoggerContext) loggerFactory;
>  Logger logger = (Logger) loggerContext.getLogger("a.name");
>  Level oldLevel = logger.getLevel();
>  logger.setLevel(Level.a_level_of_your choice);
>

> To create an appender, there are a bunch of examples under
> http://logback.qos.ch/xref-test/ch/qos/logback/core/rolling/package-summary.html
> see for example
> http://logback.qos.ch/xref-test/ch/qos/logback/core/rolling/RenamingTest.html
>
> Once you create an appender, you can easily associate it with a logger
>
>  logger.addAppender(appender);
>
> You can later remove it by invoking
>
>  logger.detachAppender(appender) // detach by appender reference
> or
>  logger.detachAppender("appender name"); // detach by name
>
> Let me know if you have further questions. HTH,

Hi Ceki,
I tried to implement the test-base like this but nothing was written
to the logfile. The files are created but they have a size of 0 bytes.

Please have a look at http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sulky/browser/trunk/sulky-junit/src/main/java/de/huxhorn/sulky/junit/LoggingTestBase.java
My futile attempt is commented out.
I'm sure I miss something really stupid :p

Beside that, is there some easier way to just restart the usual
logging configuration process instead of manually doing it like I do
in resetLogging?

Thanks,
Jörn.