[logback-dev] Replacing CallerData class

Maarten Bosteels mbosteels.dns at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 20:10:46 CET 2009

Hi,

No objections at all.

Looking at my .proto file it's indeed pretty obvious that CallerData and
StackTraceElement are quite similar :-)
http://code.google.com/p/firewood/source/browse/trunk/compare-formats/src/main/java/com/googlecode/firewood/protobuf/logging.proto

I've done some benchmarking with protobuf (using the Corpus), and it seems
to be at least 4 times faster than Java serialization.
Will soon post the results and the code.

regards,
Maarten