[logback-dev] [JIRA] Commented: (LBCORE-97) Starvation on AppenderBase.doAppend

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Sat May 30 15:44:00 CEST 2009

On 30.05.2009, at 15:11, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

> Joern Huxhorn (JIRA) skrev:
>> This is a general problem that was introduced in Java 1.6. It's
>> only showing up badly in case of real multi-core systems which made
>> it a bit hard for me to analyze on my terribly outdated 3-year old
>> laptop at work...
>> I guess that's the price a company has to pay if their developers
>> are forced to work with flint stone devices.
>>
>> Are you reading this, IT department?? :p
>>
> If I understand you correctly, your current machine WORKS, but a
> newer will NOT work?
>
> So you are basically proving that you should NEVER have a newer
> machine?

I'd suggest that the development machine should ideally be comparable
to the machine that the app is later deployed to ;)

Granted, this is a very special case but my laptop is really slow as
hell and constantly overburdened by IDEA plus the rest of the apps
necessary for day-to-day work :(

And to get serious again :) our app may work on my machine but it does
so only by chance since it essentially contains code based on wrong
assumptions...

Regards,
Joern.