[logback-dev] LoggerContext logger cache

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Wed Oct 7 10:32:11 CEST 2009

LoggerContext uses a Hashtable for the logger cache. A Google on
"hashtable ConcurrentHashMap performance" shows that ConcurrentHashMap
should perform much better under load. I looked at doing this in my
fork and can't see any reason why it would be a problem.  I did see a
post where ConcurrentHashMap is quite a bit larger than Hashtable, but
since there is only going to be one of these that shouldn't be a
problem.

http://www.informit.com/guides/content.aspx?g=java&seqNum=246

Ralph