[logback-dev] Scala or Groovy?

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Thu May 20 16:06:49 CEST 2010

Since the May 12th, when there were 50 or so respondents, another 50
people took part in the logback-DSL survey bringing the total
participants to a little over 100. The new results are

Do not care for either 37.9%
Groovy 29.1%
Scala 28.2%
Other 4.9%

I find the stark changes in the results quite fascinating because over
a uniform population survey results should converge very quickly, say
after 50 or respondents, so that adding new participants should not
significantly influence the outcome, at least only by a few percentage
points at most. So either the population of respondents was not
uniform, in the sense that those participating the beginning were
somehow different than those participating later. Alternatively, the
web-survey system we are using is vulnerable to manipulation so that
few users can unduly influence the survey's outcome.