[logback-dev] Running the logback project as a commitocracy

Craig P. Motlin cmotlin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 00:27:02 CET 2011

Yes, they are both in-language DSLs. Gradle seems like a next-generation ant
since it's very configurable. SBT seems like a next-generation maven since
projects retain the maven directory layout and have standard lifecycle steps
like compile and test.

I prefer Scala because of its type system and the fact that you can write a
library in Scala that can be used by Java code. The fact that Groovy's
syntax is closer to Java's is not appealing to me. The combination of Scala
+ SBT is very appealing.

Ceki, I saw you started experimenting with Scala by porting a few JUnit
tests. I took a crack at porting SizeBasedRolling test and submitted a pull
request in github. Please let me know what you think. I'd be happy to help
with future Scala/SBT experiments.