[logback-dev] Running the logback project as a commitocracy

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:32:48 CET 2011

> Gradle's better/more flexible design is rather appealing. One of the fetaures I like about the current maven-based build is that IDEA can import it without any problems. Can Gradle projects be imported into IDEA as easily?

Well, there are Gradle plugins to generate Eclipse and IDEA project files.
IDEA 10 has basic support for Gradle, too, but I can't check it myself since my company hasn't bought the upgrade yet.

The feature request for full-fledged support is here: http://teamsys.intellij.net/issue/IDEA-53476

As I said, I use both Maven and Gradle side-by-side at the moment so this isn't a big issue for me. The Maven build isn't able to produce the same result as the Gradle one since I add the Git HEAD hash to the properties of my application (which I simply wasn't able to do in Maven) but it is still able to create working results and I can still use the pom.xml for IDEA.

The main reason I keep the poms around, though, is really Sonar. It's still lacking Gradle support so I have to keep it that way for a while longer...

Cheers,
Joern.