[logback-dev] About LBCORE-224...
jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:29:33 CEST 2011
added the logback-test.xml (but changed file location to build/lbcore224.log)
Could you please take a look at the output of your log file?
Mine says ~[zookeeper-3.4.0.jar:3.4.0-1178579] since I built against SVN-rev1178579
You could replace the two files in lib with your versions and check with them.
The only other apparent difference is that I use a TemporaryFolder @Rule instead of creating and deleting the directories manually. I also use JUnit 4.10. And Gradle instead of Maven. Other than that..... I have not the faintest idea.
The other two dependencies are just slf4j-1.6.2 and logback-0.9.30 (see build.gradle). I assumed César was also referring to the released 0.9.30.
Thanks for having a look at it & sorry for bothering you. ;)
On 04.10.2011, at 08:09, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> Hi Joern,
> I checked out and ran https://github.com/huxi/lbcore224 but could not
> reproduce the problem. The only difference I could find between your
> project and the tests I ran in my lbcore224 branch, is the logback
> config file . You do not have any config file. After adding it
> under src/test/resources logback picked it up. So my tests and your
> looks identical but the latter do not result in
> Weird getting weirder...
>  https://github.com/ceki/logback/blob/lbcore224/logback-classic/src/test/resources/logback-test.xml
> On 04/10/2011 12:31 AM, Joern Huxhorn wrote:
>> Could you please give https://github.com/huxi/lbcore224 a try?
>> Just clone the repository and call gradlew.bat - probably multiple times.
>> This will execute the test.
>> As I said, I can't reproduce the issue myself. Everything works fine for me.
>> I hope I thought about everything...
>> On 03.10.2011, at 19:41, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>>> On 03/10/2011 7:16 PM, Joern Huxhorn wrote:
>>>> On 30.09.2011, at 18:02, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>>>>> On 29/09/2011 5:44 PM, Joern Huxhorn wrote:
>>>>>> This issue is still creeping me out.
>>>>>> First of all, I'm perfectly fine with your workaround.
>>>>> OK, good to hear. Thanks.
>>>>>> Nevertheless, we should probably create an app that produces the
>>>>>> IllegalMonitorStateException and deliver it to the Java developers. If
>>>>>> this is a Java bug - and I have no other explanation - then it's a
>>>>>> really critical one...
>>>>> Although I do not have the time to work on this myself, I support your
>>>> Hint taken. ;)
>>>> My only problem is that I don't have any system that's able to
>>>> reproduce this bug (only Mac or Linux) and I'd rather not want to
>>>> submit this already very obscure issue without being sure that the
>>>> attached example/application is really reproducing the problem.
>>> On the lbcore224 branch before commit eef137b0c6ca92cd4 , running
>>> on Windows 7 64 bits and AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor, I am able to
>>> reproduce the bug 6 or 7 times out of every 10 runs. So it's pretty
>>> reproducible, at least on my machine.
>>> The fact that the IllegalMonitorStateException is thrown within the
>>> ZooKeeperServer.shutdown method could be relavant. I was also
>>> wondering whether the IllegalMonitorStateException could be caused by
>>> Thread.interrupt calls.
>>>  https://github.com/ceki/logback/commit/eef137b0c6ca92cd4
>>> logback-dev mailing list
>>> logback-dev at qos.ch
>> logback-dev mailing list
>> logback-dev at qos.ch
> logback-dev mailing list
> logback-dev at qos.ch
More information about the logback-dev