[logback-dev] birthTime of the context

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:09:39 CEST 2011

Yes, it would.

Are you planning to check for the "Will reset and reconfigure context"?
That wouldn't be very efficient... on the other hand, this isn't code where efficiency is really important.

I'd much prefer to have such a method in your codebase since it would be your task to fix it if the above message would ever change in the future. I'm not very fond of checking for externally defined "magic" string constants in my own code.
Also, if you'd ever add such a resetTime property in the future, you could simply change the implementation of the timeOfLastReset() method to evaluate that property instead of parsing the status messages.

So yes, I'd be very fine with that proposal.