[logback-dev] Which JSON library to pick?

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:17:33 CEST 2012

Just my 2 cent:
I had a very nice experience with jackson so far, concerning both performance and ease of use.

See http://www.cowtowncoder.com/blog/archives/2009/12/entry_345.html for a performance comparison with some other frameworks. (I haven't immediately found a more recent comparison and this one was performed by the developer of Jackson)

I haven't yet used Jackson 2.0.

https://github.com/huxi/lilith/tree/master/lilith-data/logging-json-serializer/src/main/java/de/huxhorn/lilith/data/logging/json
contains code that is doing something quite similar to what you'd like to do. I really like the MixIn way of jackson.

Cheers,
Joern.