[logback-dev] Splitting up logback-extensions project

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Thu Dec 13 12:38:20 CET 2012

Hello all,

We had several lengthy discussions on September of this year (2012)
about splitting up logback-extensions project. See [1,2].

Here is the actionable conclusion as I understand it.

1) The following project contains contributions from developers with
CLAs on file. They will be move to the "ch.qos.logback.contrib"
namespace (under the ch.qos.logback.contrib Maven group).

eclipse/ (Tony Trinh)
jackson/ (Les Hazlewood)
json/ (Les Hazlewood, Pierre Quinnec)
mongodb/ (Christian Trutz, Tomasz Nurkiewicz)

2) The following projects contain contributions from developers
without CLAs on file. They will be moved to the org.logback-extensions
namespace.

loggly/ (Les Hazlewood, Marten Gustafson)
spring/ (Les Hazlewood, Bryan Turner, Juergen Hoeller)

If you have questions or objections please take the opportunity to
raise them now.

As far as I am concerned, the two umbrella projects would differ only
by CLA requirements and namespace. Needless to say, CLA and namespace
bear no obvious relation to code quality or community health. No such
relation should be assumed.

Your comments are welcome.

[1] https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions/issues/1
[2] http://markmail.org/message/vuemikgfdh2bdiii

65% of statistics are made up on the spot