[logback-dev] [JIRA] (LOGBACK-718) Support Eclipse buddy policy for loading logback.xml

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue Jul 10 14:10:43 CEST 2012

Hi Gunnar, Ekke,

FYI, since a few days, we started publishing a composite p2 repository
at http://logback.qos.ch/p2/. It contains two child repositories,
called "proper" and "beagle". The "beagle" repo publishes the
logback-beagle plugin which is a console-like view for logging. The
"proper" repository publishes bundles for slf4j-api, logback-core and
logback-classic.

OSGi bundles still need a way to pass logback-classic a configuration
file. Several technical for achieving this are explained by Libor
Jelinek at [1]. I think logback-classic should support Eclipse buddy
policy. Would you have any objections if I added
"Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered" to logback-classic.jar's MANIFEST ?

Your comments are most welcome,

[1]
http://devblog.virtage.com/2012/07/logback-and-eclipse-attaching-logback-xml/

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki