[logback-dev] [JIRA] (LOGBACK-718) Support Eclipse buddy policy for loading logback.xml

Gunnar Wagenknecht gunnar at wagenknecht.org
Tue Jul 10 14:53:10 CEST 2012

Am 10.07.2012 14:10, schrieb ceki:
> OSGi bundles still need a way to pass logback-classic a configuration
> file. Several technical for achieving this are explained by Libor
> Jelinek at [1]. I think logback-classic should support Eclipse buddy
> policy. Would you have any objections if I added
> "Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered" to logback-classic.jar's MANIFEST ?

Supporting it does no harm. It's Equinox specific, though. Thus, I'd
recommend the fragment approach.

BTW, an interesting feature would be supporting multiple logback.xml
"fragments", i.e. handle (merge?) appenders/logger configuration from
multiple buddies/fragments/applications.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar at wagenknecht.org