[logback-dev] Logback appender for MongoDB

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Thu Jun 14 14:24:07 CEST 2012

Hi Christian,

Tomasz created a jira issue for implementing MongoDBAppender [2]. His
implementation can be found at [3, 4, 5].

I think his impl is worth a look. He seprated connection functionality
into MongoDBAppenderBase (part of logback-core) and ILoggingEvent
specific code into MongoDBAppender (in logback-classic). Moreover, his
code comes with 100% test coverage!

I guess the code could be easily extended to cater for AccessEvent (in
logback-access).

Anyway, let me know what I can do to move this work forward.

[1] https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions
[2] http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LOGBACK-522
[3] https://github.com/nurkiewicz/logback/tree/mongodb-appender
[4] https://github.com/nurkiewicz/logback/commit/858aceb9af74d0