[logback-dev] Copyright headers

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Fri Jun 15 13:23:12 CEST 2012

On 15.06.2012 12:36, Tony Trinh wrote:

> I've updated EclipseLogAppender.java and related files (as that's the
> only area I've touched in this project). I'm tempted to do a global
> search+replace, but I'll wait for everyone's input. Or if you're feeling
> frisky, this command should do it (tested in OSX from the
> logback-extensions source directory):

Thank you Tony. As for applying a global search and replace, let's
wait for input from everyone and iron out disagreements if any.

> $ grep -lr 'Copyright 2012' . | xargs gsed -i 's/Copyright.*/Copyright
> (C) 2012, QOS.ch. All rights reserved./g'
>
>     The Apache License is OK for the moment although we should one day
>     settle for either Apache or LGPL+EPL for *both* logback and
>     logback-extensions. Having two separate licenses for two closely
>     related projects is a little incoherent.
>
> I agree with your point on the separate licenses and that there should
> be a common license. I had actually asked Les about this a while ago,
> and it turns out the license choice was merely an accident. Most of his
> projects use the Apache license, so his IDE is setup to insert it
> automatically. He didn't mean to make it different from logback.

Marker hilarious = MarkerFactory.getMarker("hilarious");
for(int i = 1; i <= 100; i++) {
   if(i % 15 == 0)
     logger.debug(hilarious, "ha! ha! ha! he! he! he!");
   else if(i % 3 == 0)
     logger.debug(hilarious, "ha! ha! ha!");
   else if(i % 5 == 0)
     logger.debug(hilarious, "he! he! he!");