[logback-dev] Logback Maven repo for deploying releases?

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 02:22:51 CET 2012

On 12.03.2012, at 00:41, Ralph Goers wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2012, at 2:13 PM, ceki wrote:
>

>> On 11.03.2012 19:38, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>>> Hi Ceki,
>>>
>>> Would you be open to using a Nexus repository manager built for this
>>> kind of stuff (granting/removing access, promoting artifacts to Maven
>>> Central when you specify), etc?
>>
>> Hi Les,
>>
>> The current approach where artifacts are pushed during 'mvn deploy' to
>> a private repo and then having Maven Central automatically pickup
>> changes is an *automated*, simple and very convenient process. I would
>> not want to change in favor of a process with no identified upside
>> (assuming shell accounts are needed for integrating with the
>> web-site anyhow).
>
> You might want to look at how the ASF's Nexus repo works if you haven't already. Projects do a mvn deploy to a staging repository and then after it is reviewed Nexus "publishes it" to its live repository where Maven Central then retrieves it.  Specific user's can have permissions for only specific repositories within Nexus.
>
> Ralph

I personally use https://oss.sonatype.org/ for sulky and lilith.
See https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

They are very, very fast. I just released a new Lilith version and all the artifacts have already synced into the central maven repository.

Cheers,
Joern.