[logback-dev] Logback Maven repo for deploying releases?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Mon Mar 12 23:30:33 CET 2012

On 12.03.2012 23:04, Jason Dillon wrote:
>> Configuration has been prepared, now you can:
>>
>> repo_1) Deploy snapshot artifacts into repository
>> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots
>>
>> repo_2) Deploy release artifacts into the staging repository
>> https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2
>>
>> Promote staged artifacts into repository 'Releases'
>>
>> repo_3) Download snapshot and release artifacts from group
>> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public
>>
>> repo_4) Download snapshot, release and staged artifacts from staging
>> group https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/staging
>>

>> I can see use for repo_1 for deploying snapshots and repo_2 for
>> releasing artifacts (to be subsequently synced with Maven Central).
>> However, what use is there for repo_3 and repo_4?
>>
>> I guess one could ignore repo_3 and repo_4 if one has no use for it.
>> What am I missing?
>
> repo_2 is a REST end-point used to deploy artifacts too, you would not configure maven to fetch artifacts from this url.  Users will fetch artifacts using the repo_3 url.
>
> When artifacts are staged, the repository of the staged artifacts will be in the staging group under repo_4.  This is useful to help verify your staged artifacts are as desired before promoting them.
>
> Some example config here:
>
> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/sonatype/oss/oss-parent/7/oss-parent-7.pom
>
> Many projects using this repository actually make this their parent, but you don't need to do that if you don't want.
>
> Oh, also keep in mind that you *must* GPG sign everything deployed, or NX will reject the artifacts.
>
> --jason

Thanks for the information Jason. I suppose it is possible to grant
privileges to sub-trees of "ch.qos" to specified users?  The docs
mention a "privileges" button in the UI but I can't see one. I guess I
would need to file a jira issue and request privilege changes.

Cheers,
http://twitter.com/#!/ceki