[logback-dev] How to contribute to logback?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Wed Oct 24 20:06:57 CEST 2012

Submitting pull requests is the way to go.

You used attributes for the passing arguments to SiftingAppender. It
is far easier to use element in which case you don't have to code
anything in SiftAction. Joran (the XML configurator) or Gaffer (the
GroovyConfigurator) will inject the arguments into the SiftingAppender
instance automatically.

Regarding release of resources, SMTPAppender which also uses
AppenderTracker will release release resources whenever an event has
the marker "FINALIZE_SESSION". This is more convenient than waiting
for a timeout as resources are released immediately. Would such an
approach work for you? In other words, can you identify a point in
your code where after which resources should be released?

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki