[logback-dev] Splitting up logback-extensions project

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Wed Sep 12 23:33:30 CEST 2012

Hi all,

As indicated in [1] Les would like to keep the name logback-extensions
for the umbrella project *not* requiring CLAs residing *outside* the
ch.qos namespace. Out of deference to his original initiative of
creating logback-extensions in the first place, we should abide by his
request.

We still have to find a name for the second umbrella project. How
about the name "logback-contrib" as Tony suggested? This second umbrella
project would be reserved for original contributions from developers
with CLAs and would reside under the ch.qos namespace.

Now, loggly/ and spring/ need to remain in logback-extensions and
their groupId and package names have to change as to reside outside
the "ch.qos" namespace. However, the eclipse, jackson/, json/ and
mongodb/ projects have the option of moving to the second umbrella
project (logback-contrib?) and continue to remain under the ch.qos
namespace.

Tony, please let us know where you would like to have eclipse/.
Christian, Tomasz where youd you like to host mongodb/? Les, where would
you like to host jackson/ and json/?

BTW, if any of the above is confusing do not hesitate to ask questions.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/9f6cve2