[logback-dev] unstable build

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Mon Apr 15 20:47:47 CEST 2013

Hi Broc,

No, it is not just you. Some of the logback test cases are time
sensitive and fail from time to time, especially if the host machine is
"slow". Making the build more robust is on our todo list.

We now have jenkins running on such a slow machine. For example, on
http://logback.qos.ch/jenkins/ build 24 was successful whereas build 25
failed:

http://logback.qos.ch/jenkins/job/logback/24/
http://logback.qos.ch/jenkins/job/logback/25/

So, at least it's easier to reproduce the fails.

Anyway, have you tried relaunching the build with "mvn clean; mvn install" ?

BTW, since about 10 days, the logback build no longer depends on Scala
for testing. It should be now much easier to set up logback within your
favorite IDE.

On 15.04.2013 20:11, Broc Seib wrote:
> Do we have stable builds yet?
>
> I cloned a fresh copy of logback yesterday, and "mvn install" still
> failed for me. Is it just me?
>
> Broc
>

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Ceki Gülcü <ceki at qos.ch
> <mailto:ceki at qos.ch>> wrote:
>

>     As shown on [1], the logback build on the Jenkins server on
>     cloudbees is unstable.
>
>     The failures are probably due to timeout issue. I'll work on
>
>     ch.qos.logback.core.__FileAppenderResilienceTest.__smoke
>     ch.qos.logback.core.recovery.__ResilientOutputStreamTest.__verifyRecuperationAfterFailure
>
>     ch.qos.logback.core.spi.__AppenderAttachableImplLockTest__.detachAppenderBoom
>
>     Carl, could you please have a look at
>
>     ch.qos.logback.core.net
>     <http://ch.qos.logback.core.net>.__SocketConnectorBaseTest.__testConnect
>        ?
>
>     You should be able to logon at
>
>     https://grandcentral.__cloudbees.com/
>     <https://grandcentral.cloudbees.com/>
>
>     click on JenkinsCI (top right) and launch builds interactively. (You
>     need to click on the login link in Jenkins located on the top right
>     corner).
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     --
>     Ceki
>
>     [1] https://logback.ci.cloudbees.__com/job/logback/12/testReport/
>     <https://logback.ci.cloudbees.com/job/logback/12/testReport/>

65% of statistics are made up on the spot