[logback-dev] naming conventions

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Wed May 1 16:07:24 CEST 2013

Hi all,

In the future, I'd like to follow the convention described at [1] by
Jarrod Roberson.

Regarding the I-prefix for interfaces, IAccessEvent and ILoggingEvent
are 'I'-prefixed interfaces that are in wide use and cannot be
modified. IEvaluator should be possible to change since it's an
internal interface used by GEventEvaluator.

Whenever possible, abstract classes ending the 'Base' suffix should be
prefixed with 'Abstract' instead. AppenderBase is in wide usage and
cannot be changed to AbstractAppender.

A non-abstract implementation of interface X should be named in a
descriptive way as appropriate for that specific implementation.

Release 1.1.0 might be a good time to implement said naming
conventions.

Cheers,

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/2814831/100970
65% of statistics are made up on the spot