[logback-dev] Connection logic moved to ConnectionRunner class

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue May 7 23:14:01 CEST 2013

Hi Carl,

In the 'connectionRunner' branch (a sub-branch of 'serverSide'), I have
modified AbstractSocketAppender to delegate most of the connection logic
to ConnectionRunner. There are few minor differences in behavior but
otherwise, the code is the same only DRYer. The next step is to have
SocketReceiver to use ConnectionRunner. After that, I'll tinker with the
SocketFactory code to allow user-specified timeout for connection
attempts. The current timeout seems to be OS specific (1000 ms on Windows).

See the pull request [1] for more details.

[1] https://github.com/qos-ch/logback/pull/123

65% of statistics are made up on the spot