[logback-dev] Possible file-lock bug in appenders - where file defined a second time in child config

Julian Gamble mail at juliangamble.com
Sun Dec 28 13:47:07 CET 2014

I'll submit a pull request to address this - but am just trying to get more
information about whether I've missed something first.

I've written the following demo:
https://github.com/juliangamble/logback-file-lock-bug

It shows a logback configuration with parent and child file references to
the same file - and the parent append requests succeed and the child
requests fail.

My question is: Is it a bug that logback doesn't warn that you've referred
to the same file twice and just silently fails? (If so - we can fix this!)

Cheers
Julian