[logback-dev] ISO8601 format

Tony Trinh tony19 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:22:49 CEST 2014

Per LOGBACK-262 [1], logback does not conform to ISO8601 when printing
%d{ISO8601}. We're in the process of fixing this [2], but we'd like to
maintain backward compatibility for log parsers that might rely on the
incorrect format. We have a couple options.

OPTION 1. Add a new option for %d that enables the legacy incorrect format.
Deprecate it, and remove it after several releases. Examples:

  %d{ISO8601_OLD}
  %d{NOT8601}
  %d{OLD8601}
  %d{ISO8601,,old}
  other?

OPTION 2. Force users to specify a custom date format that matches the
legacy incorrect format:

  %d{"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS"}

Please provide feedback on these options (or a new one) by June 23.

Thanks,
Tony

[1] http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LOGBACK-262
[2] https://github.com/qos-ch/logback/pull/207