[logback-dev] ch.qos.logback.core.net.server.RemoteReceiverClient

Jan Peter Stotz jan-peter.stotz at sit.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jul 9 13:19:34 CEST 2015

Hi.

I am trying to implement my own AbstractServerSocketAppender base
ServerSocketappender. For configuring some options on the created
ServerSocket I want to override the method

AbstractServerSocketAppender.ServerListener<RemoteReceiverClient>
createServerListener(ServerSocket socket)

Unfortunately this is impossible because the method signature references
ch.qos.logback.core.net.server.RemoteReceiverClient which is a
non-public interface.

Is there any specific reason why this interface is non-public?

There are also some other non-public classes and interfaces in this
package. If there is not good reason for keeping them private I would
recommend to make them all public.

Jan