[logback-dev] JEP draft: Efficient API for Stack Walking / sun.reflect.Reflection replacement

Jörn Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:59:19 CEST 2015

Hi fellow devs.

I’m cross-posting this to logback-dev and log4j-dev since I think both projects may benefit from staying up-to-date on this topic.

This JEP discusses a public replacement API for the internal sun.reflect.Reflection which at least Logback is currently using (if available) in ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.PackagingDataCalculator.

http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/8043814

This is just meant as a heads-up.

Given that it’s not possible to just sign up for the openjdk JIRA to watch an issue I’m having a hard time staying in the loop. So more people keeping an eye on it won’t hurt.

Discussion is supposed to happen on core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net but the latest mail I could find about the topic was written on 2014-07-09...

Cheers,
Jörn.