[logback-dev] Why is ability to create custom logger context blocked ?

Sergey Izvoztchikov lezdep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 22:08:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

We wanted to create our own specialized context selector, which would allow
switch to our own specialized logger factory (logger context). However for
all methods
in ContextSelector interface have return type is LoggerContext and not
ILoggerFactory.
All getLogger(..) methods in LoggerContext are final.

It appears that creating specialized custom logger factories is blocked by
design. What
is the reason for this block, that I'm failing to see ?

Any enlightenment on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.