[logback-dev] Is logback abandoned?

Paul Gross pgross at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:02:33 UTC 2016

I ran into the issue around the lack of MDC in logback-access (
http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LOGBACK-1016), and I took a stab at implementing
it. However, I noticed some concerning things about this project:

1. The Travis build is currently failing on master, and has been for 6
months: https://travis-ci.org/qos-ch/logback/builds
2. There are 79 open PRs: https://github.com/qos-ch/logback/pulls
3. The last commit to master is from May (roughly 6 months ago).

Is this project abandoned? If I add support for MDC, is it likely that my
work will get pulled in? Or is someone else already working on this?

For reference, this came up because dropwizard recently changed to use
logback-access (and we are using the MDC to add per-request identifiers to
each log line).

Thanks,
Paul