[logback-dev] JDK 11 is now in Rampdown Phase one

Rory O'Donnell rory.odonnell at oracle.com
Mon Jul 2 11:25:43 CEST 2018

Hi Ceki,

*JDK 11 is now in Rampdown Phase one***
The overall feature set is frozen. No further JEPs will be targeted to
this release.We’ve forked the main-line source repository, jdk/jdk, to
the jdk/jdk11 stabilization repository. Any changes pushed to jdk/jdk or
jdk/client are now bound for JDK 12.

  * For more details , see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list
    [1]
  * The Rampdown Phase one process  [2].

*Note: -* Early-Access build archive format on Windows has changed to zip.

Since our last email the following JEPs have been targeted to JDK 11 :

  * 181: Nest-Based Access Control
  * 315: Improve Aarch64 Intrinsics
  * 330: Launch Single-File Source-Code Programs
  * 331: Low-Overhead Heap Profiling
  * 332: Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3
  * 333: ZGC: A Scalable Low-Latency Garbage Collector (Experimental)
  * 335: *Deprecate the Nashorn JavaScript Engine*
  * 336: *Deprecate the Pack200 Tools and API*

Other important changes since last email:

    Build 19:
    JDK-8205043 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8205043> : G1
    enables adaptive parallel reference processing by default
    Build 18:
    JDK-8196141 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196141> : Add
    GoDaddy root certificates
    JDK-8204243 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8204243> :
    *remove Thread.destroy() and Thread.stop(Throwable)*
    JDK-8202088 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202088> :
    Japanese New Era Implementation
    Build 17:
    JDK-8189949 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189949> :
    Remove Baltimore Cybertrust Code Signing CA
    JDK-8191031 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191031> :
    Remove several Symantec Root CAs
    JDK-8072996 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8072996> :
    Deprecate stream-based GSSContext methods
    Build 16:
    JDK-8191844 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191844> :
    Remove SECOM root

Rgds, Rory