[logback-dev] Question about backporting fixes

Dan Groves dan.groves at plexxi.com
Thu Aug 15 23:53:12 CEST 2019

Hello,

A product I work on has run into some logback log retention bugs which were
fixed in LOGBACK-1361 and LOGBACK-1175.  Both were fixed in 1.3.0-alpha1,
which as I understand requires SLF4J 2.0.0 as SLF4J 1.8.0 is dead.

The product has a dependency which requires SLF4J 1.7.x.  There is a class,
StaticLoggerBinder, which doesn't exist in 2.0.0, which this dependency
needs.  I've tried working around this, but have not found a solution that
works for us.

So I backported both LOGBACK-1361 and LOGBACK-1175.  I forked the logback
repository.  I ported both changes into a branch off of branch_1.2.x.  So
far, everything seems to be working.

I'd like to know if there is anything else I should backport and if that is
the correct branch to use to build off of for a new 1.2.x logback build.

thanks,
Dan