[logback-user] loggingPermission

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Sat Dec 2 21:29:20 CET 2006

Hi Charles,

At 02:22 PM 11/30/2006, you wrote:

>Hi,
>one major advantage(to me, i acknowledge ;-) ) of the java.util.logging
>package over log4j and other logging libraries is its security.
>it uses the underlying java security infrastructure by securing logs with
>loggingpermission use.
>have you any plan to use loggingpermission?

We had no specific plans to add security given demand for it has been
(surprisingly) week. However, the idea is definitely worth consideration.

>it  can be used very easily to control any logging configuration change.
>other use case can stands on loggingpermission to prevent some programers to
>use loggers of some packages for example.

Could you summarize the say 2 or 3 most important security checks you would
like to see added?

>if you are interested to implemented this feature, i can help you to
>understand java security internals if needed.

Thank you for the kind offer. We are interested in adding security. Would
you care to contribute actual code?