[logback-user] appenders

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Thu Dec 21 18:11:41 CET 2006

Hello Eric,

Thanks for using logback :)

Appender threshold are not available in logback because the Appender class is in the
core module, where there is no concept of level. However, like you correctly
mentionned, the use of a filter can provide the functionnality that the threshold
offers.

We are right in the process of testing filter performance. If the use of expression
based filters is not satisfying in terms of speed, we will add a dedicated filter to
cover this use case.

You can expect a more precised and detailled answer within the next 24 hours, once
I've investigated further.

Cheers,

Sébastien