[logback-user] Version 0.5 - Where is slf4j API?

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Thu Nov 2 10:25:45 CET 2006

Hello Yoram,

Thanks for using logback! :)

In logback, only the classic module depends on SLF4J.

If you are using logback *access*, in Jetty for example, you just need to add
logback-access-0.5.jar and logback-core-0.5.jar to the $Jetty_install_dir/lib/ directory.

The configuration file must be placed in the $Jetty_install_dir/ext/ directory and
named logback-access.xml.

If it's logback *classic* that you are using, then the needed files are:

- logback-classic-0.5.jar
- logback-core-0.5.jar
- slf4j-api-VERSION.jar

The last file can be found at the SLF4J website[1].

Hope this helps,

Sébastien