[logback-user] varargs

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Wed Nov 8 09:02:57 CET 2006

Hello Zohar,

Thanks for using logback! :)

Logback classic natively implements the SLF4J API[1] so that one can readily switch
back and forth between logback and other logging systems.
Actually, ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger directly extends org.slf4j.Logger.

Since SLF4J is JDK 1.4 compatible, it cannot use any JDK 1.5 goodies, varargs
included. Therefore, the part of logback that directly implements SLF4J is bound to
the same constraint.

Hope this answers your question,

Sébastien

Links: