[logback-user] varargs

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Wed Nov 8 09:57:02 CET 2006

Hello,

Well, I guess that Ceki, the main author of SLF4J would answer this with more inside
knowledge of SLF4J...

But my guess would be that SLF4J will stay JKD 1.4 compatible for some more time...
maybe a year, and probably more...

Quite a lot of active development still use JDK 1.4, and it's not the point of SLF4J
to push toward JDK 1.5, but rather to be a simple and widely compatible facade that
lets user choose freely their logging framework.
As long as many developments use JKD 1.4 and some major logging framework also use
this version of the JDK, I guess SLF4J will not break JDK 1.4 compatibility.

Convinced? :)

Sébastien

david_fire4 at hotmail.com a écrit :
> Hello Sébastien,
> Good answer... ;)
> Any chance of seeing an slf4j interface with varargs in the near future?

>>> Zohar.