[LOGBack-user] Unable to use RollingFileAppender

Samuel Doyle sdoyle_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 22:43:45 CEST 2006

Great, this works fine.

S.D.

Ceki Gülcü <listid at qos.ch> wrote:
Hello Samuel,

I'd try the following. (Apologies, I did not have time to test it, so
it might contain minor mistakes.)

class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">

class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">

class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedRollingPolicy">

The TimeBasedRollingPolicy based example that you would usually want
to use in real life (instead of the above) is less verbose, and just as
powerful.

class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">

You might also want to have a look at the javadocs.

http://logback.qos.ch/apidocs/ch/qos/logback/core/rolling/SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy.html
http://logback.qos.ch/apidocs/ch/qos/logback/core/rolling/FixedWindowRollingPolicy.html
http://logback.qos.ch/apidocs/ch/qos/logback/core/rolling/TimeBasedRollingPolicy.html

If you run into problems, please let us know.

http://ceki.blogspot.com/