[logback-user] What is the log4j.properties file equivalent for logback?

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Fri Sep 22 09:26:58 CEST 2006

Hello Michael,

Logback uses xml files to configure. No *.properties configuration functionality is
available in logback, mainly because of flexibility concerns.

A default initialization procedure has not been implemented yet, but we are going to
add it soon, since it's a pretty useful feature. At the moment, the code you sent is
the way to configure logback from a configuration file.

Hope this helps...

Sébastien