[logback-user] SMTPAppender: authentication option missing?

hstang hung at mxnmedia.com
Fri Apr 13 19:29:13 CEST 2007

I'm trying to use the SMTPAppender but my SMTP server requires that I
authenticate, and it appears that SMTPAppender do not provide the necessary
authentication options.

I also notice that SMTPAppenderBase uses Transport.send(), and no where does
it use transport.connect(...) that accepts username and password.

Just wondering if authentication would be supported, and why it was omitted
in current version of logback.

Thanks.