[logback-user] [newbie] marker usage

Xavier Hanin xavier.hanin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:05:43 CET 2007

Hi All,

I'm new to logback, I've read a good part of the documentation, and first I
should said that I'm impressed by the quality of the documentation and the
feature rich logging system you provide.

Two things:
Question: I have trouble to understand what is a Marker and what is the use
case behind them. Could you give me some insight?
Remark: While reading the documentation I had the feeling that MDC was
introduced too late. Indeed, you reference MDC the first time in chapter 2
(as far as I can say), without giving even an hint on what it is. Several
other chapters reference this concept, but it's only in chapter 7 that I
understood what it is. Maybe adding a short introduction to this concept
(and the concept of Marker) in chapter 2 would help the reader?

Thanks for your great work!

Xavier